JUNIOR STUDY LEAVE
INFORMATION FOR JUNIOR DOCTORS REGARDING THE STUDY LEAVE BUDGET
Further to the letter dated 19th January 2018 which you will have received from Professor Bill Irish, Postgraduate Dean regarding study leave. You will note that Health Education England have advised that the annual allocation of study leave 2017/18 for junior doctors will revert to £600 per tariff funded post for core and speciality posts.
For those of you who have already requested up to £600 and received £400, we are aiming to process your additional claim by the end of March 2018.
We are doing our very best to process these claims as rapidly as possible but please bear with us as it may take some time to review each doctor's study leave claim.
Requirements of the study leave process:
- Study leave applications MUST be signed by your Educational Supervisor and Consultant (Juniors), SDU Director (Consultants) BEFORE submitting to the PGMC
- Applications should reach the PGMC 6 weeks prior to the meeting date.
- Approval/rejection letters will be sent or emailed to you, along with a claim form if applicable
- If you have not received approval ONE week before the required leave date, please call the PGMC to check that your application has been received and is being processed
- Completed claim forms should be returned, with all the appropriate receipts, within ONE month of attending the meeting/course
- Reimbursements will be made via your monthly salary
- The study leave funding given to Addenbrooke’s can only be applied for by clinicians working in Addenbrooke’s and your contract date must cover the period in which you are taking the study leave.
If you have any further queries please contact the PGMC Study Leave Administrator, Mrs Jill Hodges. tel: 01223 217105, e-mail: email@example.com