Cambridge GPST Programme - Training Practices
Allocation of GP Practices
The training model allows each trainee to experience more than one practice during their training. You will be allocated to a training practice for your first 6 months GP post and then you may have the opportunity to choose a different practice for the rest of your training - this will depend on availability.
The programme has approximately a third of its training practices in Cambridge City, a third in surrounding villages plus two in Saffron Walden, two in Ely and one each in Royston and Newmarket. A full list of training practices for the programme can be found below (with postcodes) , although they may not all have vacancies in August 2019.
Please see the separate map as well as the list of practices below, for details of the practice locations within the programme.
To visit the websites of our training practices, please click on the links below:
- Arbury Road - CB4 2JG
- Bottisham Surgery- CB5 9DU
- Bourn Surgery - CB23 2SH
- Bridge Street - CB2 3LS
- Burwell Surgery - CB5 0AE
- Cathedral - CB6 1DN
- Comberton Surgery - CB23 7DY
- Cornford House Surgery - CB1 8BA
- Crocus Medical Practice CB10 1PL
- East Barnwell Health Centre - CB5 8SP
- Firs House Surgery - CB4 4NP
- Gold Street Surgery - CB10 1EJ
- Granta Medical Practices: Linton, Sawston and Gt Shelford practices
- Huntingdon Road - CB3 0EG
- Lensfield Road - CB2 1EG
- Mill Road Surgery - CB1 3DG
- Newnham Walk Surgery - CB3 9HS
- Nuffield Road Medical Centre - CB4 4NP
- Over Surgery - CB24 5NZ
- Red House - CB4 1ER
- Rookery Medical Centre - CB8 8NW
- Royston Health Centre - SG8 7BS
- Staploe Medical Centre - CB7 5JD
- St Marys - CB7 4HF
- Woodlands Surgery - CB2 1LR
- Trumpington Street Medical Practice - CB2 1LR
- York Street Medical Practice - CB1 2PY
Supervision: you will be allocated to an educational supervisor (a trainer from the GP practice where you will be working during your first year of training) who will be involved in your Annual Review of Competence Progression.
Your supervisor usually stays the same during your first 1.5 - 2 years of training - depending on the rotation you have been allocated to.
For further information on post rotations, please click here.
Return to the Cambridge GPSTR Programme Prospective Trainees' Main Page.